Friday, February 5, 2010

Chanukkah Party

Continuing with the series of back-posts... In mid December I had a fourth night Chanukkah party. We had three different kinds of latkes: My friend Julia made sweet potato-leek latkes, and I made vegan latkes and traditional latkes. Well, traditional in batter at least... I fried them in bacon grease. My Southern Jewish ancestors' once common practice was unfortunately absent in my upbringing, so I tried it out for the occasion with sinfully scrumptious results. The guests (who apparently didn't keep Kosher either) loved them. The sweet potato latkes were wonderful too. 'Twas a jubilant celebration!




















































































































































































1 comment: