Sunday, November 15, 2009

Spite and Malice Cookies















I dreamt up these spicy, bitter, sour cookies last year and they were so wicked I had to name them Spite and Malice after the classic card game. This time (10/18/09) I made them gluten free for Whitney by using a Bob's Red Mill brownie mix that I played with until it was cookie consistency, though usually I use this recipe for the cookie base (omitting the walnuts and subbing unsweetened or very dark chocolate chunks for the semisweet chips). What makes them so spiteful and malicious? Black pepper, crystalized ginger, and one of my favorite foraged native plants of the Northwest: ultra-tart Oregon Grape. Mmmm. I forgot to take pictures of the actual cookies, so use your imagination... or make them :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment