Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Crab-Cakes, Onion-Lavender Tart, & Nettle Ice Cream

7/25/10

Dinner Club

Started with fresh crabs.

This caramelized onion-lavender tart featured goat's milk feta and was far more scrumptious than it looks in this picture.

Served the tart on an arugula-radish salad.

I made the crab cakes following a recipe that called for panko breadcrumbs. To accommodate some of the gluten-free dinner clubbers, however, I had the idea to finely crush some tamari flavored sesame crackers to use in their stead. Texturally, I don't think I crushed them finely enough to be a perfect sub, but flavor-ly they worked out nicely. Done just a little finer I think this would make a good substitution even for gluten eaters if you can't find panko.


Topped the crabcakes with a simple veganaise-based garlic aioli.

And had nettle goat's milk ice cream for dessert. Shazam!

No comments:

Post a Comment