Friday, December 17, 2010

Nettle Beer

4/4/10

Okay. This is the last nettle thing, I swear. I hope you've realized by now that you can use nettles in just about everything.

This was my second time making this beer, but when I made it last year it was my first beer ever! Basically, as with the dandelion liqueur, you make a strong tea (this time with nettles), add a fuck-ton of sugar, juice from a couple lemons, a lot of fresh ginger, and yeast.

This beer is known as a "young" beer because it brews and is ready to drink really fast. Most recipes I've read have said to bottle after three days of fermentation, but I eyeball it and bottle it when all of the bubbling has slowed way down.

There were a lot of excited bubbles. So it took about a week of fermentation before it was time.

Then I sterilized all my bottles,

siphoned it,

and capped the bottles. It just takes another week in the bottles for the beer to carbonate into a light, refreshing, and zingy (thanks to the ginger) sweet beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment