Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ginger-Rhubarb-Peach Pie

5/14/10


Ok, maybe not having recipes is making the standard of this blog a little less than you'd come to expect. But hey, consider this one inspiration. I believe this was the happy ending to a warm spring night's grill-out. By mid-May I could get my hands on local rhubarb at the farmer's market. Of course, everyone loves strawberry-rhubarb pie, but after my success with peaches canned in rhubarb sauce last year, I had another delectable flavor combination in mind. And let me tell you, busting out the home-canned peaches (different than the sauce, these were peaches in light honey-syrup) still a few good months before peach season, for a pie, was pretty damn satisfying. The only thing that could have possibly made the sweet-tart combo any better would've been the zing of candied ginger. Oh wait--it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment